Spring 2022 rental returns are due by Friday, May 6 2022.
Course Material Return Dates
For the Spring 2022 and Spring Session 1 8-Week Term, course material returns are due Monday, January 24.
Non-Traditional Terms Return Dates (Summer Terms, HED, TESOL)
You have 3 days after the start of your term to return textbooks.
Protect Your Investment
All refunds and exchanges require the original cash register receipt.
Course Material Refunds
- Typical return date is one business day following the add/drop date as printed in all APU class schedules for each semester or term.
- New textbooks that have been marked in or not in the original shrink-wrap will only be refunded 75% of the purchase price.
- NO refunds on study aides or supplies.
- NO refunds for the Immediate Access program after the add/drop date for the term. Please see the Immediate Access page for information on how to opt-out to avoid unwanted charges.
- NO refunds on Digital books after the add/drop date for the term OR if code has been activated.
- Rental returns must be postmarked before the rental return date.
- Books must be returned in the condition they were sold.
- With a receipt, defective textbooks can be exchanged within 30 days of purchase.
- Ship textbooks, along with a copy of the original receipt, back to the University Bookstore, 701 E. Foothill Blvd, Azusa, CA 91702 using your preferred carrier (tracking strongly recommended). Students are responsible for shipping costs.
General Merchandise Refunds
All general merchandise with the exception of PPE, Trade Books, Reference Books, & Software must be returned within 15 days of purchase date. Trade Books, Reference Books, & Software must be returned within 5 days of purchase date.
- Merchandise must be in original condition. We cannot return or exchange any merchandise that has been altered, laundered or unwrapped.
- Receipt and tags are required.
- All PPE items, graduation gowns, caps and hoods, and items on SALE are considered final sales and may not be returned or exchanged.
- Defective merchandise returned in its original packaging will be exchanged for the identical item.
- Cash purchases will be returned with cash.
- Credit Card purchases will be credited to original card.
- Cougar Bucks will be credited back as Cougar Bucks on student ID card.
- Gift Card purchases will be credited back to gift card
- Packages must be postmarked before the return date in order to receive a refund.
- Packages that are postmarked after the the return deadline date must have an RMA number to be eligible for refund. You must call the University Bookstore to obtain an RMA number.
- Please include a copy of your packing slip with all returned merchandise.
- Please allow additional processing time for your return. Items returned are kept for at least 24 hours before being processed and/or resold.
Computer and Tech Return Policy
Refunds/exchanges honored only on UNOPENED merchandise within 14 days of purchase. Your return item(s) will be inspected upon arrival before your refund is processed.
It can take up to 10 business days for us to receive and process your return. Once processed, your refund can take up to 2-7 business days to reflect on your account statement. You will receive a confirmation email once this is completed.
Refunds do not include original shipping charges. We do provide return labels. For use of this label, we'll deduct $9.99 from the credit you'll be receiving to cover return shipping costs. If the return is our fault, we'll cover this charge.